The Campaign for Migrant Worker Justice is a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization founded to support the human rights and self-determination for those involved in the farm labor and immigrant rights movements. Our primary partner in these efforts is the Farm Labor Organizing Committee AFL-CIO, with operations in the Midwest, the South, and Mexico.
The overall goal of CMWJ is to enable agricultural and immigrant workers to have a direct voice in their own conditions. The primary activities of CMWJ include:
- Community Organizing to build a base among migrant workers and empower them to achieve self-determination and human rights through organizing themselves locally, nationally, and internationally to promote the rights and opportunities for themselves and their families.
- Education to develop the knowledge and skills to enable migrant workers to be active participants in collective decisions regarding their job conditions and compensation, and to promote their rights on the job site and in the community. We also utilize popular education to build popular understanding and support for the human rights of migrant workers.
- Community Services to help support migrant workers in meeting social and economic challenges, particularly where existing social services are not adequate in meeting their needs.
- Research to better understand the causes of migrant worker conditions, and to apply these understandings in making social changes to achieve their rights and their effective functioning as a part of the larger society.
- Advocacy to support the rights of migrant workers and to promote social changes that improve their effective functioning as a part of the larger society. We also build and mobilize broad based community support for migrant worker justice.
An important function in carrying out this mission is raising funds to support these activities, particularly to support staff and facilities for these activities.
Thank You! We appreciate your support! It has always been the commitments and efforts of our supporters that have made our victories possible. As we continue the struggle for justice, we know we can count on you as we face new challenges and victories together.